Out of all the bugs that enter your home,
might be one of the worst! Spiders are arthropods with eight legs, two body regions, and no wings or antennae. They prey on insects, other spiders, or any other small prey that they can find. Spiders tend to live in dark, moist areas where they can easily hide, such as basements, crawl spaces, or attics. These pesky bugs can be difficult to get rid of, but luckily, once you know how spiders get into your home, you can get rid of them with help from the Lexington pest control company,
IPM Pest and Termite
like to hide in dark places and feed on smaller insects, therefore, they enter your home to find hiding places and prey. Since spiders are small, they can squeeze through cracks or gaps in window screens or around doors and window frames. Sometimes, spiders can also hitchhike into your home inside boxes or on outdoor items.
There are a few things you can do to get rid of spiders in your home, including the following tips:
- An easy way to reduce the number of spiders in your home is to clean your house. Using the vacuum cleaner or a broom, you can easily remove spiders and their webs from the dark corners of your home.
- Similarly, reducing clutter in your home discourages spiders from entering. Spiders like to hide in dark, cluttered areas, like closets, garages, basements or attics. If you reduce the clutter in these hiding spots, it will discourage spiders from living there.
- To remove spiders from your home, you need to prevent spiders from entering in the first place by sealing possible entry points. Using caulk, you should seal all small holes and cracks in your foundation and around windows and doors. Also, replace any damaged screens with tight fitting screens to prevent spider entry.
- Bright, incandescent bulbs attract night-flying insects to your home, which then attracts the spiders that prey on those insects. You can replace the incandescent bulbs with yellow or sodium vapor light bulbs to make your home less attractive to insects, and thus less attractive to spiders.
- Like the inside of your home, you should also remove clutter from the outside of your home. Any environment that is inviting to spiders should be removed, including piles of leaves, woodpiles, scrap materials, or vegetation clutter.
- To completely ensure that your home is free from spiders, hire a professional pest control company. Lexington pest control companies, such as
IPM Pest and Termite
, can use professional insecticides around the base of your foundation to create a spider barrier. The professionals at IPM Pest and Termite offer top of the line pest control in Lexington to get rid of spiders in your home. Our team will work with you to determine the treatment plan that will work best to control these and other pests. Contact us today to see how we can help you!